Date: 15th October 2018
Time: 9:00 to 17:00 (all day)
Venue: COMUE Lille Nord de France
Address: 365 bis, rue Jules Guesde BP 50458 - 59658 Villeneuve d’Ascq Cedex
Room: to be defined
Global aims of the training: Learn about the international labour market of doctors and the tools to prepare a geographical mobility.
Training objectives: After the training, participants will be able to prepare their mobility, know the PhDs job market abroad, know the international networks related to research and innovation and prepare a CV adapted by area.
- Interactive workshop with presentation of theoretical concepts illustrated by concrete examples, testimonials and exchange phases on profiles and projects of each participant;
- Learn about the international market situation of doctors and the tools to prepare a mobility..
MODULE 1: Understand the job market for doctors
- Statistical data on geographic areas and industries that employ doctors in the world (wage levels, working conditions, positions occupied by doctors)
- Examples of careers of doctors who have opted for an international career or a temporary mobility
- Testimony from a doctor on his international experience
MODULE 2: Preparing to leave and eventually return
- Specifics of applications (CV, cover letters, job boards), recruitment methods and different approaches to the job interview by area
- Overview of formalities to settle before departure
- Sources to go further in the knowledge of the situation of doctors abroad, job websites and international networks related to research and innovation.
MODULE 3:My long-term career plan in a context of international mobility
- Benefits of international experience on a resume and vis-à-vis employers: In what kind of jobs and environment it makes a real difference? What are the criteria to choose your mobility?
- How to build a strategy based on your professional project? Temporary departure for a Post-Doc or full professional career abroad?
- Discussion with each participant about their profile and professional project and evaluation of the relevance of a departure abroad and preferred strategy
Speaker: ADOC Talent Management
Number of participants: 15 maximum
Registration procedure: If you are a PhD student at COMUE, please register on : formadoc.net/index.php
If you are a Belgian student, please send email to email@example.com